Fulfil is a venture capital funded, stealth startup located in Redwood City, CA. Founded by a group of engineers with a history of leading successful startups, we are looking for top talent to work on cutting-edge challenges at the intersection of mechanical design, software, robotics, computer vision, and deep learning. The scope of the company's mission is ambitious; we are looking for candidates who are motivated by the opportunity to create significant, lasting change in the world through their work.
Position: Controls Software Engineer
The Controls Software Engineer will be primarily be working on the embedded and server-side software which controls large, designed-in-house robotic systems with over 10 DOF. This includes interfacing with various motor drive controllers and sensors, developing highly synchronized and robust multi-axis sequences, and managing software communication. Experience with industrial PLCs alone is not sufficient background for this role. Candidates must have experience in developing object-oriented software, preferably in C++, and must be familiar with electrical and electromechanical systems. Candidates must also be comfortable working hands-on with hardware, often debugging electrical, power, motion, and other systems with standard testing equipment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or similar
• Minimum 2 years of experience in C++, including multi-threaded and low-latency applications
• Experience with hardware-interfacing Linux systems, including Debian
• Industry experience writing distributed and/or low-level control software which interfaces with automation hardware including motor drivers, actuators, and sensors
• Strong understanding of control theory including PID, motor control, and electrical systems
• Experience working with CAN and TCP/IP communication protocols
• Experience in version control and unit testing
• Ability to generate and implement creative ideas, mostly unsupervised
• Desire to work in an incredibly fast paced startup environment
• Desire to have a big, positive impact on the world
• Experience working with databases such as MySQL and MongoDB
• Experience in Microsoft environment (C#, .NET, WCF)
• Experience in mechanical design using different types of actuators and sensors